Who We Are
Who We Are
Sprague Wealth Solutions, located in San Ramon California, is a comprehensive financial planning firm operating in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are a boutique planning operation providing high touch service to a discriminating clientele across the country.
Our overriding philosophy - the one that distinctively defines the way we do business - is "Serve First, Last and Always". Our "Serve First" philosophy was conceived over 20 years ago and still drives our business today. Conviction in what we do, the courage to get our clients to take action, competency based on continuing education and training, and communication that builds understanding and trust - these are the key qualities of "Serve First". And these are the commitments we make to you when you choose to retain us.
What We Do
Sprague Wealth Solutions provides financial planning to an affluent clientele comprised primarily of owners of closely held businesses, senior corporate executives, pre-retirees and professionals. Planning is focused on many areas and based upon each client’s individual financial situation and personal objectives. The degree of detail and sophistication of the financial planning services provided varies according to the individual client’s circumstances. Each client is provided with a written summary of the work undertaken. The specific areas covered include one or more of the following:
- Estate Planning: Advice regarding property ownership, distribution strategies, estate tax reduction, and tax payment techniques. It involves a discussion of gifting, trusts, wills, and more along with the disposition of business interests. Tax consequences and their implications are also identified and evaluated. Sprague Wealth Solutions and LPL Financial do not provide legal advice or services. Please consult your legal advisor regarding your specific situation.
- Investment Planning: Constructing investment portfolios to work towards risk-adjusted performance relative to asset allocation and investment income accumulation techniques. Evaluations are made of existing investments in terms of their economic and tax characteristics as well as their suitability for meeting client objectives. Tax consequences and their implications are also identified and evaluated.
- Retirement Planning: Advice with respect to alternatives and techniques for accumulating wealth for retirement income or advice relative to appropriate allocation and distribution of assets following retirement. The implications of taxes and their consequences are also appraised.
- Insurance Planning: Evaluation of existing personal and employer insurance coverage to verify proper type, ownership and premium structure. Our analysis will ensure your insurance coverage is coordinated with your overall financial goals.
- Executive Compensation Planning: The focus of executive compensation planning is the analysis and recommendation of various compensation strategies to attract, retain and reward key employees of the business. This planning may also include the business owner as well. Objectives of the business owner and the financial and legal structure of the business will be reviewed and taken into account in the analysis and recommendations. In all matters, Sprague Wealth Solutions’ planning services are analytical and advisory only, and do not include any legal, accounting or other professional services.
- Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Planning: With respect to a nonqualified deferred benefits program, a written plan reflects your current situation and an analysis of alternative ways to address your objectives. The analysis contains alternative methods to informally “fund” the program, including an overview of the accounting treatment of such alternative methods within the program and a recommendation as to the appropriate method of “funding” for that employee.
- Business Succession Planning: Alternatives and strategies that deal with the continuity or disposition of the business upon the business owner’s retirement, death, disability, or decision to sell. Due to the complexity of tax consequences of these issues, resources are available to address these implications.
Implementation of the Financial Plan
In addition to creating a financial plan and strategy for our clients, most choose to implement the recommendations in their plan with the assistance of Sprague Wealth Solutions. Upon completion of the plan, our professionals are registered to sell and service the financial products most appropriate to the client’s financial situation.
This portfolio of insurance and investment products are provided by unaffiliated companies and institutional third-party money managers. All of these entities go through rigorous due diligence and scrutiny before they are allowed on our platform, and are monitored annually for adherence to our preset criteria.
- Stocks & Bonds
- Mutual Funds
- Variable Annuities
- Limited Partnerships
- Alternative Investments
- Asset Management Programs
- Life Insurance
- Business Overhead Insurance
- Disability Income Insurance
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Employee Benefits
- Profit Sharing, 401(k) & 403(b) Plans
- Group Insurance
- Employer-Sponsored Life Insurance
At the first anniversary of the client’s initial contract, we perform an update of the original plan for a reduced fee. We monitor progress towards the stated goals and determine if any change of course is necessary. The client may elect to have a written summary prepared or have us provide additional financial planning services on a consultative basis.
Sprague Wealth Solutions has affiliates and experienced business professionals and support staff personnel which serve our clients in all phases of the planning process. Our associates include CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioners, Chartered Financial Consultants, Chartered Life Underwriters, CPAs and other associates whose experience encompasses the financial and tax planning strategies that help support wealth accumulation and preservation. Our associates work as a team to provide clients with customized financial, retirement, investment, business succession and estate planning using proven strategies and state-of-the-art software.
Planning Your Future
With Sprague Wealth Solutions, our clients receive both: the resources and financial stability of a long-standing financial institution, and the individual attention that comes from partnering with an experienced personal financial advisor.